18 and dancing cueca
my girlfriend's relatives are huasos. Huasos, huasos. Yet the profile: fachos recalcitrant, dressed in designer jeans and belts capybara trademark plaid shirts ... in order. Guys who have a conception of how to be held on 18, they think the capital city have no clue and believe that land reform in this country shit.
They like the glitz, mines dyed blond or blond and skinny, and according to them, no one dances the cueca "as it should."
The first few times I went to hold about 18 such places, cueca had never danced in my life, confirming the stereotypes that people had of the capital. I had little luck. At age 6 I stood out at school because I danced the refalosa without touching the bottle. Then, another year, no hips but with a beautiful redhead companion which I will not forget, I danced Easter Island. The following year was that of the cueca. It was more complicated.
All that activity was associated with a single teacher who would come to school specifically to teach guitar and dance in question. My parents spent money on an acoustic guitar and had a pretty decent first class, but before the second professor of something serious pulmonary symptoms and died. I do not know if respect, cabal or whatever, not called a replacement.
So my relationship with the cueca became increasingly elusive.
But life is revenge. In these inns of truth, and I remember one in Cumpeo which was among the best I've ever been in my life, I began to dare to dance cueca as out. Drinking fed up with, hopefully punch or chicha, threw me countless times and traspirar as conceited animal, trying to give dignity to my chilenidad the capital, with absolute shamelessness, which is the key to this issue. After two national holidays, one or two years back that respects tradition and married a Chilean sense at least, learned. Sure, I'm not the jerk who would win the concursito, but I'm dancing no choreography to Huasos Quincheros and I feel pretty decent.
Last year I took my mother to dance on one leg Yein Fonda and a group of people around us congratulated us on how nice that we had done. Mission accomplished. Nothing neat, but I'll dance.
teach him the steps for when Svensson Matilda was proclaimed queen Guachaca. Even took my advice and said the earthquake which took lost shame.
cueca "You dance? How did you learn? And if you know what the fuck you waiting for?
0 comments:
Post a Comment